Be sure to update...

This is no longer an active blog.

Please visit me now at Thoughts from Alice W.

Hope you will stop by for a visit!
~Alice W.

Sunday, January 11, 2009

I'm Moving...

So, I have made a decision to move.

No...not literally ;) (even though I would LOVE to move into a larger, older, more romantic home than my current townhouse), I am actually just moving my blog.

I have always enjoyed the look and feel of Typepad blogs, and while for the past couple of years, I couldn't reconcile paying for a blog when it's free here at Blogger...I have come to realize...it's worth it! I feel as though I have out grown Bloggers capabilities, and the annoyance of how pictures are uploaded, among other things. With the new year, I have started to feel the need to "de-clutter" and freshen up my life in all sorts of ways. My house is getting a huge overhaul now that Christmas is over...and I will be sorting through all of my treasures striving to only keep the ones I love and cannot live without. (The rest may actually serve to benefit some of you as I pass them along to new homes via my website!).

So with all of that being said, I have also felt to need to spruce up my "blog space" and create a new, clean place to think and write. I have also changed the title to simply, "Thoughts from Alice W." While, I will always consider myself a "romantic at heart" I am enjoying simplicity these days...and felt that I didn't want to continue to "brand" my blog as romantic...there are so many sides to me!

So where can you find me you might be asking? Here is the new link (and I would sure appreciate it if you updated it on your sidebars if you have me there...I know it's a pain but it will make the transition one step easier for me!)
http://alicew.typepad.com -that's it! Super simple to remember now too!

I really do hope that all of you will continue to visit me and not consider this as me moving "away" from any of you. Just a different place to visit me...that's all ;) I look forward to seeing you over there (and for those of you wondering about my "holiday home Part II"...I will be posting about it over there as it will be easier for me to get all the pictures in the order I want...and will hopefully spare me some time unlike the last one!)

Thanks!
~Alice W.

4 comments:

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Hi Alice,
Well, I'll be the first one to the house warming party. I'm having that feeling too of pairing down a bit and cleaning things up! Congrats on the move, I'm on my way over right now.
xo~Tracie

Kathleen Ellis said...

I'll be looking forward to your fresh new look!
Happy New Year, Happy New Dreams!

Blondie's Journal said...

Can't wait to visit you at your new site. I love new beginnings...and how timely with the new year beginning!

xoxo

Jane

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I have loved Typepad until just recently, a lot of their so called improvements have created major glitches and frustrations!! I hope it goes alright for you. Right now, many of the comments I get don't connect back to the commenter or to their blog, but instead to a TypeKey account that goes NOWHERE!! I can't return messages unless I know the email address or the blog and go to it on my own. Hopefully, this is temporary, its been happening for a month or so now.

Good luck and I hope you enjoy your new look! I'll update my Google reader and add your new address.