Be sure to update...

This is no longer an active blog.

Please visit me now at Thoughts from Alice W.

Hope you will stop by for a visit!
~Alice W.

Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Our Holiday Home ~ Part I

I am so excited to let you all know that have finally gotten around to posting about our holiday home! This has been a true labor of love and has taken me hours and hours of editing and uploading to Blogger...for those of you who use it...you know what a process that can be! I am also so excited that some of these photos were taken with my new Christmas present. Josh got me this as well as a telephoto lens...and I have to tell you...the world of photography for me will never be the same. If you thought I was a photo addict before...just wait!

Today, you will be going on a tour from the entry way and through the living room. If you come back later this week, you will get to view our dining room.

So...shall we get started?
First of all, to view the full entryway, be sure to head over to my Romantic Vignettes page for the full display. The above photo is a detail of what you will find there (and includes a lovely handmade tag from Sandi).
The wreath below was displayed on our coat closet with one of my curly feathered birds and a beautiful poem "Showing the Rabbit" sent to me by Madai of Wren Cottage.

I displayed all of our Christmas cards on a large pair of shutter doors...

This pretty one was from Sandi...

And you have to love this vintage inspired card from Polly!

After having our tree for about three weeks, I was getting bored of the look and wanted to switch it up...so...I took everything off and started over! (I know I know...Josh thought it was crazy too!). I found this vintage foil Poinsettia in my studio and added it to the top...

And when I found these adorable pear ornaments at the Dollar Store, I decided to make Noelle "a Partridge in a Pear Tree"...

Josh took this shot on our new camera...stunning isn't it?

The new look for the tree included several little nests of eggs and birds, and pale aqua and faux mercury glass ornaments...







I also decided late in the game to 'winterize' the corner shelf behind the tree...
Pretty French postcard from Tracie...

And a lovely stocking from Sheila R.


I also found a fascination for paper mache snowmen and purchased this cutie from Katie's Rose Cottage...
And this little "Snow Fellow" by Dee Foust from Victorian Trading Co. I am in love with him ;)
Little Snow Fellow







The shelves in our living room were decked with white pottery and china and cinnamon scented pine cones...



My mom gave me this cute Christmas church which found a home on our coffee table...
And here are some details of the rest of the room...




Well I hope you enjoyed the first half of our tour and that you will come back for the rest soon!
Till next time...

30 comments:

Antiques and More said...

Your home is absolute heaven! I wouldn't want to leave my home if it looked like that. I'm been going over and over the pics...so much inspiration. Can't wait for the rest of the tour.
Blessings!
Lisa

Tracie~MyPetiteMaison said...

Oh my goodness, Alice...
I thought your photos were Heavenly before~ I am in love with your new camera and your home, of course, as always! Thank you for the tour, I'm off to The Vignette of the Moment and then I'm hinting camera, camera, camera for my birthday. I've already showed Shayne your photos as a selling point ;)
xo~Tracie

Zita - Mlle Magpie said...

Everything is absolutely beautiful! I especially love your Christmas tree.

Kerryanne English said...

Stunning photos of a beautiful home Alice.
Hugs,
Kerryanne

julie - eabdesigns said...

Alice, Your photos are absolutely lovely! Thanks so much for sharing. I have the same camera, but am waiting to purchase the telephoto lens. Your shots are inspiring.

Cindy ~ My Romantic Home said...

Wow those photos are gorgeous! That first photo is breathtaking! I gasped when I saw it! Sooo beautiful! I love your tree too, since I'm a "blue" girl it really spoke to me!

I have a Canon XSi too! I love it! My photos don't look as good as yours though! I want to get a telephoto lens for mine too!

Jackie said...

Absolutely lovely!! Your home is so pretty!! Wow - now I want a telephoto lens!!

lorhen82 said...

Beautiful! I can't name everything I like, or this comment would be too long!

Andrea said...

You have a beautiful home Alice!

I really like how you winterized your corner shelf, it is a winter wonderland!

Have fun with your new camera!

Andrea

Vintagebella ~ Andrea said...

It is all so gorgeous! You have such a lovely home!

TattingChic said...

What a breathtakingly beautiful holiday home! Just amazing!

Dawn said...

Lovely home - beautifully decorated! Thanks for sharing such wonderful pictures with everyone.

Best Wishes,
Dawn

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

I kept seeing photos I just loved and thought were my favorite ones, then saw more I liked even better. How lovely!!

Sweet Old Vintage said...

Stunning....

flatwoodsfolkart said...

Alice!!!! This is amazing!!! Please come visit me and decorate my home next year!!! :)

xo,
Lesley

Sandi said...

Alice,
WOW...stunning photos of your home! You really should be a professional photographer...seriously!

I agree with Cindy...that first picture is stunning...even if I sent you the tag. LOL But I could never take a picture that made it look that good! You are a sweetheart ~ Blessings!

La Donna Welter said...

Just beautiful!
La Donna

They call me Estatez... said...

I adore your decorating style! I can't wait to see some more pictures of your Christmas decorations.

Ashley L. said...

Oh my goodness! Your home looks beautiful, like your own private winter wonderland! Thank you for sharing! :)

Sheila R said...

Just loved your holiday home. Can't wait to see more.

Kasey said...

everything looks lovely.

ann~vintage whisper said...

Oh My Gosh! Soooo Beautiful Alice!

KayEllen said...

Beautiful!
I think this is my first time to stop by...lovely photos of your holiday decor.
Nice to meet you.

KayEllem

Counting Your Blessings said...

OH, I just love it all! I could be here for hours looking around. Your white pitchers... are they ironstone? I have a couple old white pitchers but they aren't as pretty as yours.

What kind of camera did you get? I got a camera for Christmas too. I needed one that had image stabilizer. I have a digital SLR but still haven't figured out all the gadgets yet. And having a tripod is fabulous, except I hate lugging it from the 3rd floor down to the main floor all the time. Anyhow, just wondering what kind you got =)

Have a wonderful weekend. Blessings... Polly

Secondhandrose said...

thanks for the tour. I really love the colors. That is how I want to redo our family room. Cool and serene. Come for a visit.
karen

KarenHarveyCox said...

These photographs of your holiday home are lovely.
Karen

Amy Sutter said...

Just beautiful :-) Hope you are staying warm and had a wonderful new year! I am ready for spring already here in Syracuse!
Blessings,
Amy

The White Bench said...

Finally you succeeded, Alice! Your decorations were beautiful! I especially love A Christmas Carol (I'm in love with that book!) the papier mache snowmen and the pale blue and aqua details... but ALLl is exquisite!
Have a great New Year with that fab new camera! Enjoy!
Monica.

Jules of Whimsicalnotions blog said...

love love love your blog have saved this and the new one as favourites on my blog.Love the romance of your style.Lovely lovely pics
hugs
Jules

Maria said...

I've enjoyed reading your blog, it's lovely & inspiring! don't miss a post.